DEGANWY DENTAL PRACTICE PATIENT JOURNEY
The whole team at the Deganwy Dental Practice are working hard to ensure that your visit to the dental practice will be a pleasant, effective, and most importantly a safe experience. Many of the procedures and protocols that were routinely part of safe delivery of dental care are already well developed and practiced at our practice.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have upgraded many of these routines to ensure that we are offering you the latest in safe dental environments. The risk of virus particle contamination is managed carefully in all areas of the building and clinical room. Our Rensair air purifiers exchange the ai 13 times per hour and eliminates all viruses and bacteria in the surgeries using aerosol generating produces (i.e drilling).
We are keen to prepare our practice prior to your visit as much as possible in order to limit the time you spend in the practice and to allow us to manage your dental problem efficiently and effectively while you are with us. We will endeavour to manage as much pre-visit admin and consultation with you over the phone, online and by email to streamline your actual onsite visit.
As per the Chief Dental Officer’s recommendations, the sequencing and scheduling of patients for treatment as services resume will take into account:
- The urgency of needs;
- The particular unmet needs of vulnerable people;
- Available capacity to undertake activity.
Rest assured, we have not forgotten about you but we will have to work through the list of patients as above.
Please look at the following guidance that will help us look after you during your visit.
- If you are unwell for any reason it is better for you not to come into the Dental Practice. If you suspect, you have symptoms of COVID-19 please stay at home and follow NHS guidance;
- Please prepare yourself at home to have freshly scrubbed teeth using your routine oral hygiene measures. We will not be allowing last minute brushings at the practice during this pandemic to avoid cross contamination;
- Please remember to complete all forms you have been asked to fill in on our online portal if possible(medical history questionnaire,covid health screening, consent forms, treatment plans, etc..)
- All patients will be seen by appointment only;
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment and wait in your car if possible or somewhere safe outside the practice if you have arrived on public transport or on foot ,and we will contact you by mobile phone.
- Our usual waiting room has been redesigned to be kept as clear as possible and guarantee social distancing, and only being in limited use.
- Please do not bring anyone with you into the building unless this person is accompanying a vulnerable adult, a disabled person or children. Please plan to keep siblings and other family and friends out of the building;
- Upon arrival, a team member will unlock the door. Before entering the reception area, you will be requested to disinfect your hands with hand sanitiser and a team member will unlock the door
- As you are invited into the building please wear a face mask, if you do not have one we will offer you a face mask that simply hooks over your ears and covers your mouth and nose. Our reception team are there to help you and will now be wearing a mask and behind a screen to protect their working environment;
- We would like to request you to ideally use your toilet facilities prior to your visit to the surgery as we ought to keep you in the premises for as little time as possible after your treatment session;
- Our team will be wearing various levels of PPE but we are all likely to, at least be wearing a mask as we greet you;
- We will then invite you into one of our surgeries which would have been thoroughly disinfected and sterilised to guarantee the safest clinical environment. For treatments involving aerosols (most dental treatments), your dentist and dental nurse will be wearing some extra layers of PPE, don’t be frightened.
- You will be requested to place your personal belongings and coats in a box in order to minimise contamination of your clothing and other belongings with aerosols:
- At the end of your procedure you might not be able to have the usual mouthwash rinse. You will then be requested to put your facemask back on before leaving the room.:
- We will direct you to one of our reception team members in order to finalise the check-out process and make further appointments as necessary;
- All your treatments will be planned carefully and will be managed in a calm and extra safe environment.
At the Deganwy Dental Practice we are determined that your experiences under our care continue to be effective, reassuring and as safe as possible.
Thank you very much for your cooperation during these difficult times.